- Adult Day Care – Call NY Connects for information at 845-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Overnight Respite Service – Call NY Connects for information at 845-486-2555
- Case Management – Call NY Connects for information at 845-486-2555
Alzheimer’s Counseling, Support Group & Educational Programming – Contact the the Alzheimer’s Association at 845-471-2655 or visit the Alzheimer’s Association (Hudson Valley) online.
TELEPHONE SUPPORT GROUP
Open to residents of all seven Hudson Valley counties.
9:30-10:30 a.m. the third Tuesday
of every month
Call 408.638.0968 or 646.558.8656 and enter meeting ID 235.519.5714, then press # sign to join the conversation. Contact Bonnie Lewis at 845.292.6180 ext. 122 with questions.
11 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month.
Alzheimer’s Association office
2649 South Road, Suite 101
4 p.m. second Monday
65 W. Main St.
Alzheimer’s FREE Online Education Program
Take any of the free online education programs. Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease where the person will require increasing levels of care as times goes on. Be educated about what to expect and learn useful strategies.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems – Call NY Connects for information at 845-486-2555.
- Home Care – Homemaking/Personal Care and Housekeeper services may be available. Call NY Connects at 845-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Minor Home Modifications – such as grab bars, railings, wireless doorbell, toilet risers, etc. may be available. Call Rebuilding Together for information 845-454-7310 or visit RebuildingTogetherDutchess.org
Other Resources for Caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Caregiver Services and Tips for Caregivers (.pdf)
- Eldercare Locator
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Office for the Aging – Continuing Care brochure (.pdf)
- The Best Caregiving Books of 2019
(Resources from Dutchess County Office Of The Aging )