- Adult Day Care – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Overnight Respite Service – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555
- Case Management – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555
Alzheimer’s Counseling, Support Group & Educational Programming – Contact the the Alzheimer’s Association at (845)-471-2655 or visit the Alzheimer’s Association (Hudson Valley) online.
TELEPHONE SUPPORT GROUP
Open to residents of all seven Hudson Valley counties.
9:30-10:30 a.m. the third Tuesday
of every month
Call (408)-638-0968 or (646)-558-8656 and enter meeting ID (235)-519-5714, then press # sign to join the conversation. Contact Bonnie Lewis at (845)-292-6180 ext. 122 with questions.
11 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month.
Alzheimer’s Association office
2649 South Road, Suite 101
4 p.m. second Monday
65 W. Main St.
Alzheimer’s FREE Online Education Program
Take any of the free online education programs. Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease where the person will require increasing levels of care as times goes on. Be educated about what to expect and learn useful strategies.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555.
- Home Care – Homemaking/Personal Care and Housekeeper services may be available. Call NY Connects at (845)-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Minor Home Modifications – such as grab bars, railings, wireless doorbell, toilet risers, etc. may be available. Call Rebuilding Together for information (845)-454-7310 or visit RebuildingTogetherDutchess.org
Other Resources for Caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Caregiver Services and Tips for Caregivers (.pdf)
- Eldercare Locator
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Office for the Aging – Continuing Care brochure (.pdf)
- The Best Caregiving Books of 2019
(Resources from Dutchess County Office Of The Aging )