- Adult Day Care – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Overnight Respite Service – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555
- Case Management – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555
Alzheimer’s Counseling, Support Group & Educational Programming – Contact the the Alzheimer’s Association at (845)-471-2655 or visit the Alzheimer’s Association (Hudson Valley) online.
TELEPHONE SUPPORT GROUP
Open to residents of all seven Hudson Valley counties.
Contact Bonnie Lewis at (845)-292-6180 ext. 122 with questions.
11 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month.
Alzheimer’s Association office
2649 South Road, Suite 101
4 p.m. second Monday
65 W. Main St.
Alzheimer’s FREE Online Education Program
Take any of the free online education programs. Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease where the person will require increasing levels of care as times goes on. Be educated about what to expect and learn useful strategies.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems – Call NY Connects for information at (845)-486-2555.
- Home Care – Homemaking/Personal Care and Housekeeper services may be available. Call NY Connects at (845)-486-2555 or Click Here!
- Minor Home Modifications – such as grab bars, railings, wireless doorbell, toilet risers, etc. may be available. Call Rebuilding Together for information (845)-454-7310 or visit RebuildingTogetherDutchess.org
Mid-Hudson Valley Mediation Center
The mission of MH Mediation is to assist people in conflict to resolve their disputes and reach a mutually acceptable agreement without having to rely upon third parties to make decisions for them. Through an exploration of the facts and the parties’ interests, we are generally able to formulate a mutually acceptable solution, one that is consistent with the values of the individuals and that meets their individual interests.
Other Resources for Caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Caregiver Services and Tips for Caregivers (.pdf)
- Eldercare Locator
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Office for the Aging – Continuing Care brochure (.pdf)
- The Best Caregiving Books of 2019
(Resources from Dutchess County Office Of The Aging )