Dutchess County’s Health Insurance Information, Counseling, and Assistance Program (HIICAP)
provides free, accurate and objective information, counseling, assistance and advocacy on Medicare, private health insurance, and related health coverage plans.
Office for the Aging staff and trained volunteer insurance counselors can assist you with Medicare benefit information and other topics including:
- Medicare Drug Plans
- Supplemental insurance options
- Medicare Advantage choices
- Claims and appeal rights,
- Medicare Drug Plans
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (also known as EPIC)
- and other entitlements and benefits available to seniors
Call our HIICAP Hotline at 845-486-2566 to access all our HIICAP services. View or download the HIICAP printable brochure (.pdf)
The Dutchess County Office for the Aging periodically offers workshops for people interested in obtaining information on Medicare enrollment, Medicare Advantage Plans, benefits, supplement choices, EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage) and other prescription options, Medicaid and the Medicare Savings Programs and long term care payment choices.
These workshops are designed for individuals who are newly eligible for Medicare, current Medicare beneficiaries, and those who want to learn more about the Medicare program. Call (845) 486-2555 to reserve a spot!
Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 @ 10:00 AM
Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall Community Room – 2001 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY
Monday, August 26th, 2019 @ 4:00 PM
Center for Healthy Aging – 6529 Spring Brook Ave, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Ned CORPS Community Action
- Health Care Access (Referrals, Prescriptions, Nutrition)
- Ongoing Support (Goal Setting, Advocacy)
Call (845)-877-9272 ext. 152 For an appointment.
Mondays from 9-11AM at the Clinton Community Library
Mondays from 1:30-3:30PM at the Millbrook Library
NED Corps, a program of Community Action Partnership, is an initiative of the Northeast Dutchess Fund and Berkshire Taconic Foundation.
- Dutchess County Veterans Services
- The New York State Office For The Aging’s Current information on benefits and health insurance and links to other healthcare sites.
- Medicare.gov Current information on Medicare, Medicare Advantage HMOs and Medicare-Approved Prescription Drug Cards.
- EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage)
- IPRO An independent, not-for-profit corporation under contract with federal and state government to assess the quality of health care provided to Medicare beneficiaries and Medicaid recipients.
- New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs Veterans Benefits information for New York’s military veterans and members of active duty military personnel and their families.
- Medicare Rights A not-for-profit educational and advocacy organization devoted to ensuring that seniors and people with disabilities on Medicare have access to quality and affordable health care.
- Benefits Checkup Personal tool for financial, health, prescription and other savings programs.
- Social Security Administration The web site for the Social Security Administration.
- Eldercare Administration The Administration on Aging site that connects older Americans and their caregivers with information sources throughout the country.
(resources from Dutchess County Office For The Aging)